The convenience of hydration packs over water bottles
Camel packs are extremely convenient, because you can get a drink without taking off your pack or fumble with difficulty to use side water bottle pockets. Designs of hydration packs are principally to carry water and make drinking as convenient and efficient as possible. Your hydration backpack facilitates your way of drinking water, you don’t need to stop, or even slow down, you simply get your drink from the connected to the water reservoir or bladder.
Types of hydration packs
Hydration packs have two types: the backpacks and waistpacks that differ based on their location. Each type has packs made for different types of outdoor activities such as hiking packs, running hydration packs, mountain biking backpacks, cycling packs, skiing and snowboarding hydration backpacks. They have one common feature: with a hydration reservoir, drinking easy is made easy.
Choosing the best hydration pack
1. Buy hydration backpack based on your activity – The type you buy is based on the activity. Some of them are divided based on its activity. Running hydration packs are for running and different with the hydration pack for hiking, skiing or snowboarding. Each activity sometimes has its hydration packs
2. Consider always hydration pack capacity – It means fluid capacity that ranges typically from 1.5 liters to 3.0 liters. Get a bigger pack if you plan to have activities for several days.
3. Choose the one with great features – Buy the right hydration packs may with complete features and in-built protection.
What should you look for when buying?
There are a number of factors to consider when you are selecting the best hydration pack for your activities:
Fluid capacity varies in size from 1.5 liters to 3 liters. If you are planning day long expeditions, there is a significant difference in carrying capacity; then it is wiser if you get bigger capacity.
Cargo capacity also depends on the duration that you are likely to be using the pack for, as well as your discipline of choice. For adventures covering the whole day, need more clothing, food and tools with you in your pack.
Size and fit – Back length, straps and waist straps are variable depending on the pack’s size and volume and inasmuch as all packs are adjustable, they fit all sizes of riders; a small bag will be appropriate for smaller rider.
Hydration bladder designs – There are several different styles of hydration bladder; for example, there are two different designs of the bladders for camel packs, one fits their ‘Lumbar’ waist belt packs, and one that fits the rucksack style hydration packs.
In-built protection in these packs includes a back panel that follows the shape of your spine providing special shock absorption in case of a fall for add protection, without any extra bulk and weight of body armor.
Clean your hydration bladder in four easy steps:
- Step 1 – Have a cleaner, brushes, dish soap and drying aids.
- Step 2 – Fill the system with mix of hot water and cleaner.
- Step 3 – Soak thoroughly and drain, then scrub well and rinse.
- Step 4 – Let it air dry.
With water backpack, you will never be dehydrated during your daily activities for this reason, purchase a pack for your own convenience!