Have you heard about bath salts? People refer to it with different names. Some call it as PABS and some call it as psychoactive bath salts. But the type that we talk about here is mostly known as Epsom salt. Some types of Bath salts can have harmful effect if ingested, injected or smoked. But if it is the mixture of magnesium and sulfate and is the pure mineral, this can be a natural medicine for many conditions. Epsom salt has many benefits and can be used in several aspects such as a health product, a household product or even a beauty product.
We announce latest rankings of best Bath Salts. We researched countless popular items & selected the top 10. Check reviews also before buying!
- Helps reduce fine lines and wrinkles
- Helps fight acne
- Promotes Skin Whitening
- Relaxes your body and relieves your mind
- Nourishes your skin and your senses
- Long lasting bubbles gently cleanse
- Soothe aches and pains while enjoying in a fragrant bath
- Moisturizing skin with vitamins and antioxidants
- Contains the certified organic shea butter
- Premium-Unscented. Soothing and Detoxifying
- Excellent when used after sports and exercise
- Natural solution and aid for a fit and healthy body
- Natural, can be used as a soaking aid for minor sprains & bruises
- Provides short term relief of constipation
- Beat winter blues, a mineral spring spa, first aid summer salts and relax into fall
- Perfect for relief after working out or spending all day on your feet
- Ginger, essential oils and clay remove built up toxins in the body
- After warm bath with this salt you`ll sleep like a baby
- Wax covered paperboard packing is easy to pour and easy to close up and store for future use
- Epsom salt is absorbed through the skin and replenishes the level of magnesium in the body.
- Mixed with vinegar and a bit of dish soap is perfect natural weed killer for garden
- Skin therapy-Psoriasis relief
- Relaxing bath-relieve stress, stiffness and ease muscle aches and pains
- Spa shower-mix equal parts of Minera Dead Sea Salt and olive oil and gently massage your body.
- Highly concentrated
- Ultra pure Magnesium Chloride bath flakes
- Gentle for sensitive skin and great for kids
- Helps to soothe muscle pain and relieve aching feet
- Cleanse pores and detoxify the skin
- Works on plants and gardens
Bath Salts Buyer’s Guide
Which bath salts I can buy?
There are basically two types of bath salts:
Soaking bath salts
These have a dry crumby texture. They are a mixture of coarse salts, dried ground herbs and essential oils. Additional ingredients may be present in limited amounts and are usually included to achieve a specific purpose. The additional ingredients may include volcanic ash, dead sea salt and clay.
Scrubbing bath salts
These are intended for scrubbing on the body then rinsed off. They are usually composed of medium and fine salts like the Himalayan salt, Dead Sea salt, essential oils and fragrances. They also tend to have some little bit of moisture for ease of application. The carrier oils included are usually humectants that are very beneficial to the skin and commonly used oil is the jojoba. The oil works to leave the skin moisturized and replenished.
What to look for in bath salts?
There are several specific traits of bath-salts that are associated with each class based on the intended purpose. Cleansing salts are mainly used to detoxify the skin and in turn rejuvenate the internal organs affected by skin conditions. They are also used to treat dry skins among other dermatological conditions. However, never use cleansing salts when you have an open cut or use undiluted salt on skin because they may be caustic. Always ensure to dilute the salts well before use.
On the other hand relaxing salts calm the body and gently soothe the mind as well as the nervous system. If you have sore or tired muscles this could be a good option also. Among the many essential oils in this salt are lavender, Roses, sandalwood and jasmine among many others.
Refreshing salts are used as a wake-up call to the exhausted body. They work by rejuvenating a tired body and worn out mind. They are formulated with grape fruit and lemons s well as some eucalyptus. Only get in the water after properly diluting the salts and you don’t want to let this water get into your eyes, it can be really aggravating due to the peppermint and citrus oils in the formulation.
Healing salts work to prevent and treat colds, flu, and other respiratory viruses. It’s also used in treating emotional exhaustion. If you have any inflammations or swelling, don’t use these with very hot water.
There is also salts that ere specially formulated for the kids. They are optimized to treat conditions like colic, indigestion nervousness and anxiety.
There are many reasons why one would want bath salts. Whether it is to ease the stress and relax your body or get a temporary relief to digestive difficulties, purposes of bath salts are varied. The uses have also been extended to gardening with spectacular results.
Which bath salts should you buy?
To treat the body and mind in a relaxing soak is a sure way of rewarding yourself. So many people are battling health conditions that could be soothed by the simplest self-care rituals. Because bath-salts come in a multitude of formulations and benefits, it’s important to know the specific salt that you truly need in regard to the purposes you have in mind. Whether you want a soaking salt or a scrub salt, you will definitely find a salt that will satisfy your needs.
The amount of time you need to perform this “ritual” will determine which salt is most suitable for you. Some are designed for detox while some are specifically made for healing and mental clarity, cleansing and even for kids. If you have some ruptured skin, then you would want to avoid any salt that would be caustic to the skin. Additionally, for the kids, try to stick to the salts that are formulated for kids.
Whether you are looking for a scrubbing salt or a soaking salt you will surely find an amazing product.